Wednesday, May 23, 2007

No soccer = More family time

John and Mia. Such a Daddy's girl!
JB's new tooth coming in!

Is this my Mia?! Caught her "reading" again.
Ironic. We don't leave shoes out because the dogs take them. I throw out my cleats because I hate soccer (I'm still mad) and they bring them back, ha!
Well, the great thing about not training anymore is that I am home more, and with John getting home early from Andersen, we are spending more time together as a family. JB is loving it because that means he gets to play outside after school everday now!
Tiff's team is doing pretty good. They tied two games and lost two, but the two losses weren't blowouts. I guess having Tiff play defense keeps them looking pretty good, but it would be nice to get a few more goals on the board. I can't wait to have her home. I miss her very much.
Mia is getting bigger everyday and it's probably because the girl eats so much. John and I are shocked at what this girl can put away! Her favorite meal these days is beans and rice. Last night she had her dinner (she couldn't wait for me to finish cooking) and then when we were eating our adobo, she kept saying "Eat, eat!" like she hadn't been fed since noon.
John is in training right now so they're day is pretty short. He's home by 4pm daily and just LOVES it. He gets home and cleans the house before we get back. It's so good to have him around more often.
Me?! I'm mad! I spoke with Cheri. She said she fought hard for me with the board. From what I gather, it was more the GFA board that cut me than the coaches. I'll give an update on that as soon as I get more details. If I find out that they cut me because of my weight and run times ON TOP of my age, I'm going to make them eat their words come July 1st. I may have thrown away my cleats by I'm putting time in on my runners. Clueless board members who never even show their face at our practices, have never physically trained for anything in their life, some who have not even touched a soccer ball, should not be making decisions regarding a team roster. If it's just because I suck, then I'm retiring.




No comments: