Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Karaoke at 12 Items or Less



I had the most incredible experience today while doing the most boring of things. I was shopping for household stuff, and as I waited in line feeling absolutely overwhelmed by my day's list of "things to do", Cher's "Believe" came on the PA system. My spirit lifted a little and I began to tap my foot. The old guy in front of me and the young twentysomething boy behind me, I noticed, began to bop their heads to the song. The Cashier, who looked a youngish lady, like myself (just let me keep thinking I'm youngish, k?), had a little hipshake going on. As I anticipated the approach of the chorus, I cleared my throat to sing along. Just as I opened my mouth to show off my karaoke skills, old guy, young twentysomething, and cashier all sang out the chorus in glorious harmony! Press play and feel the same joy.



Love you,
Blanda and the Ganx

1 comment:

Multislacking Mama said...

I love that song. It makes me want to go to a gay bar and dance.

Holly