Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Where did my baby boy go?!

JB started 2nd grade today. He was quite embarrassed that I walked him through the crowd of parents, elbowing to make room for us (including Miss Mia who insisted on walking), to get his teacher's name and room number. He then darted his eyes back and forth and begged me to just remind him of the information when I loudly informed him that I'd be writing it all down on his notepad so he can refer to it if he forgets. I was about to walk him through the breakfast and lunch ticket line when he reminded me with wild eyes that he knows how to do it all by himself. Getting the hint, and feeling just like chopped liver, I asked him for a kiss goodbye. He gave me his cheek while his eyes scanned the premises for familiar faces. I said "give Mia a kiss goodbye" and he said "uh, can I just give her a hug?". Waaaaahhhh! I remember when he savored my smooches and wouldn't take a step into anything without holding my hand. He's growing whether I want him to or not.

2 comments:

morewineplease said...

It really hurts doesnt it!! My oldest is starting 4th grade and its really hitting me hard!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.